** now with linky goodness! **
I just installed a couple of plugins to handle tagging for my posts. I’m just kind of testing them out at this point.
the EFF has a campaign against a couple of proposals that are currently under scrutiny in the U.S. The flash video is well done, explains the issues witout being dry or long-winded, and entertains at the same time.
random quote form the girls…
A: “Hey look at this! I put a sticker on my ear!”
K: “Oh yeah, I found something sillier! chicka bok bok! chicka bok bok!” (imitates a chicken, strutting, flapping wings, pecking)
I upgraded the blog to WordPress 2.0, lovingly dubbed “Duke” by the coding team. The upgrade was a snap, no plugin snafus, and the admin interface got a major makover. Tis pretty swank. If you’re hesitating the upgrade, get off your butt and click it!
The issues with the heat in my house are all resolved. Again. For the moment. We’ll see. We got a new outside unit, and it is working much better than ever before. It hasn’t been cold since we got it all settled, though. I’m thinking of going ahead with a new thermostat and getting some programmable sensors as well.
I scored some used laser printers and jetdirect devices from work. The price was cheap. And cheap is close to free. And you can’t beat free. I need to fish some network lines around the house for convenience and high-speed data flow… :]
BTW, the first comment that quotes the famous Fark adage about Duke will earn a special ass-whoopin’.
:9s: :8s: :Qs: :Js: :10s:
I have plugins working again. I also repaired the DB and copied the lost blog entries….
Does this mean I get the WordPress MonkeyWrench patch?
I just fixed a bunch of PHP in the mail script, and it is correctly identifying valid users and posting from email, in HTML format, copying picture files over, etc.
The screwy HTML from outlook leaves a lot to be desired, and the script isn’t handling a lot of it. The main things are the “=20” line breaks, any blank lines (as outlook creates a full div block and font code for the line, then only has an “nbsp” in the line) and the embedded font code.
It grabbed my picture correctly, but didn’t thumbnail it correctly, and set the pic in the post twice, one with the original url, and one at the end with the local url.
Just a few bugs to work out.
days are rather hot and sunny, and it’s very difficult to stay at work for 11
hours at a time when you know that your freshly cut lawn is being gently showered
with small pink and white flower petals from the cherry trees in the backyard.
Testing again. Plaintext only, as the HTML formatting seemed to crap all
over last time.
don’t think that
the email blog is working. Just testing some